Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sick kiddos

I hate it when my kids are sick. I don't know if it's better for them to all get sick at once, or for it to hit them one at a time. The former can be hard to handle, and the latter just takes so long to get through.

I have declared the baby to have croup, which he must be almost over. His breathing was quite raspy 3 days ago, but Antimonium Tart 30 in water helped significantly. My sister (who is my doctor), offered a nebuelizer (sp?) to which I asked, sounding befuddled, I'm sure, "Why?". I know to her it's no big deal. To me it's a huge deal. One of the lessons my daughter taught me in her short life is that western medicine has it wrong. And not only do they have it wrong, but it is impossible for most people living in America to comprehend that fact. It's like questioning someone's very strongly held religious beliefs. Question medicine and you may be attacked.

The other kids have coughs, too. Two of them had high fevers followed by repiratory stuff, which we will call the flu. The others developed only a cough over a week later, so we will call that croup. I am noticing as I write this that my throat is sore and I am not liking that at all. I suffered through mastitis quite recently and I think that should exempt me from any further illness at this time. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Friday is supposed to be my day to go out and get stuff done. I'd like to be able to do it while healthy.

No comments: