Saturday, November 25, 2006

Night time adventures at my house.

In our bedroom we have dh and I and 2 babies. We sleep with the two of us in the middle, the young baby by me and the older baby by dh. That's how we go to sleep. How we wake up is a different story. One day last week I woke up with a 7 year old on my feet, a 5 year old hugging my leg, and a 3 year old on top of dh in addition to our two regulars! We also have a huge cat, who I am more than certain was somewhere on that bed!

Good grief, no wonder I'm so tired all the time.

This is how my night usually goes~ I wait up for dh to get home around midnight (this is stupid, I know, but I can't sleep before he's home). I am usually sleeping by 12:30. I spend the rest of the night rolling back and forth between the two babies. Even though the older one starts out on the other side of dh, she invariably gets between us to get nursies several times a night. She wakes me up, we nurse, the baby on the other side starts to fuss, I roll over and nurse him. We sleep for 30 minutes or so and then repeat over and over until the sun comes up.

We let all the other kids move into the same room and since then we have had fewer visits in the middle of the night. They miss their sister and it's easier for them to be all together.

So today is Saturday, and last night was especially draining, but here I am up and ready to go. I am the Coffee Monster, as my children call me. They make roaring and giggling noises. It's very cute.

I know my dh wishes there were more exciting night time adventures going on over here:P But hey, we've got 6 kids, it can't be too bad, right?

No comments: